Recovery from Injury and Pain
Bodywork at the studio incorporate several approaches and levels of touch. Examining and working with injury and pain involved orthopedic assessment (trained by Witney Lowe), deep tissue, medical massage, trigger point therapy and craniosacral therapy.
- Orthopedic Assessment is used by the practitioner to ascertain what muscles are involved. A series of movement and touch will elicit responses that help inform treatment.
- Deep Tissue Massage helps find the knots and tight places, and releases them through steady pressure that is just right.
- Medical Massage are specific protocols to address injuries and conditions such as tendinitis, low back pain, frozen shoulder, plantar fascitis, scoliosis, and many other conditions.
- Trigger Point Therapy finds specific points mapped out the body that are connected to referred pain. Many times the problem is not where the pain is. A therapist with trigger point training can help get rid of pain with specific, intelligent touch.
- Craniosacral Therapy is a great way to address recovery from injury, syndrome conditions such as fibromaylgia, stress, depression, anxiety that can accompany pain, especially if it is chronic. It is also recommended for a variety of health conditions including headaches,